Monday, March 16, 2009

Pneumonia ... AGAIN!

So I had intended on writing over the weekend about Olivia's recent visit to the geneticist. However, Sunday was another rough day for Olivia and by 10:00 we decided it was time to take her in. We were mainly worried that the vomitting and diarhea were dehydrating her. We though it was probably just a stomach bug. In the back of our minds was also the fact that this was exactly how things started before she got pneumonia last time. Sure enough...pneumonia again! They put her on IV fluids in the ER and decided to check a white cell count. Olivia's was 19, while normal is about 7-10. They then decided to do a chest x-ray. The doctor said that this one looked just like the on from the day she was admitted with pneumonia last time. We are now up in a room, with word having been given to the PICU that she may need to go there. Her breathing was fine when we came in, but seems to be getting more labored. That is really how things went last time too. I will update on the visit to the geneticist later in the week, and I will continue to keep you updated on Olivia's progress with this pneumonia. For now, I am going to attempt to get some sleep.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm sorry to hear that Olivia is back in the hospital. We hope that she feels better soon. Please know that we are keeping her in our thoughts.

Tonya said...

Oh! I am sorry to hear she's sick!! I know your looking forward to warmer weather!! Give here lots of hugs from us and we'll be praying she recovers quickly!!

Unknown said...

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry to hear that Olivia is sick. I'll be thinking of her and hoping that she feels better soon.