Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Out of Surgery

Olivia is out of surgery and recovery.  We're back in the room we started in.  She seems to be in better spirits than in the recovery room, but still isn't quite herself.  She is on a full liter of oxygen.  Her normal amount is only 0.2 liters.  The nurses said that they won't send her home until she is down to her usual oxygen.  If you asked me I would guess that we'll be spending the night tonight, but we'll have to wait and see what Olivia does.  Part of the procedure included looking in her esophagus and airways, and also squirting some saline into her lungs and suctioning it back out to look at the cells that came out with it.  The doctor said it is impossible to get all the saline out which is probably causing her to need the additional support she is requiring now.  I'll be sure to keep posted what ends up happening.  Have a great Wednesday! 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Becky, I check your blog daily even though I don't always comment. I am completely smitten with your adorable baby girl. She (and you guys) are such troopers. You've never sounded sorry for yourselves through all the health challenges you've been through with Olivia. I'm so impressed with how tenacious you are. Olivia is a sweetheart and I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers.

Unknown said...

So glad that Olivia's surgery went well! Hopefully she is feeling back to herself soon.

Tonya said...

I so know what your going through! Olivia is a strong little girl as is her mom! Glad the surgery went well and hope you can come home very soon!!

Greene Family said...

I'm glad Olivia's surgery went well! Hopefully, she will be back to herself in no time and you guys can go home soon!

Destini said...

I hope you guys are home now! I'm hoping that Olivia will be back to her ornery self in no time!