Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun Times!

Sorry I’ve been a slacker lately! We actually have been really busy…with fun things! YAY! We have had one of my nieces here a few days to play, play dates with friends, two short camping trips, along with our day-to-day craziness!

Since Olivia came home from the hospital on Mother’s Day, she has remained on the higher oxygen. We did an overnight pulse ox study to watch her oxygen levels while she slept. The study didn’t look horrible, but she had some pretty significant dips during the night. With that, the doctor decided that he doesn’t want to monkey with her oxygen just yet. She sees him again on June 12, so we’ll see what he has to say then.

We have also been working on switching Olivia over to a pediatric formula. It’s been a challenge to say the least. We tried one, but she started vomiting and absolutely refused to let the bottle come anywhere near her mouth. It had a strong vanilla sent, so I am sure it had a strong vanilla taste, which apparently she does not like. They have now switched her to a different, more easily digestible, flavorless pediatric formula. She is still vomiting and at this point we think it’s one of her meds because most of the vomiting comes after the feedings with which she gets her medications. No meds have been changed lately, so we’re not sure which one might be the culprit. Hopefully we can figure it out before we end up in the hospital with aspiration pneumonia again!

We have more play dates coming up that I can hopefully remember to take some pictures of. We will also be having each of my nieces over for a few days to play, which Olivia will LOVE! She really loves other kids now!

We also have quite a few doctor appts coming up in the next couple of weeks. I’ll really try not to be such a slacker anymore!

Enjoy a few new pics of our little doll!


Here's Olivia during her last hospital stay. She clearly isn't acting like anything is wrong, and definitely showing her spunk!



Olivia loves my parents' dog Molly. Molly is very old and very tolerant of Olivia and my nieces!


Olivia, her cousin Cora, and Cora's cousin Gavin all playing nicely together!


This was Olivia's idea of sleeping at 10:00 on Saturday night!

9 comments:

Laura Wolf said...

I'm glad she is having a good time. I'm sure that this has been thought of but could her vomiting be due to a milk allergy. It took me a while to figure out that nathan was allergic to milk. I posted on my blog about that. I sure hope that you figure out what's going on.

Destini said...

So glad that you guys have been busy with FUN things! Olivia cracks me up! I love the wild picture of her, and I'm so glad that she is having a blast playing with other kids! Hopefully you find the vomit-inducing culprit soon!

Unknown said...

Olivia is such a ham! I wish my kids loved the camera like that! Adorable!

Kasia and Amelia said...

I love the pictures! You take such interesting, funny pictures of Olivia, I hope that she feels better and that she gets well for good. I pray for your little Olivia, she is soooo sweat and pretty!
I agree with Laura. Olivia could be allergic to milk! So is Amelia and Ollie, believe it or not! Try organic soy formula.

Caden and Mommy said...

Becky!
I'm happy to see smiling pictures of Miss Olivia :0) I am glad she is recovering nicely from her surgery. I wish you luck in figuring out the cause of the vomiting :0(

Kim said...

Olivia is such a dollface-especiallywith those cute facial expressions. I am sorry you are having such issues with her feeding. Is she on any solids? Here's hoping that the appointment on the 12th goes very well.
I am also glad Molly is tolerant of Olivia-when I was her gae I drove my dog crazy. I didn't have Tasha past three years old, but she was such a great dog and very patient of a toddler! Hope to see even more pictures of your cutie soon!

Greene Family said...

Yay for being busy with fun things!! Olivia is so adorable - love her spunk in that first picture! How fun that she is having a great time on her playdates! I hope you find what is causing her vomiting soon!

Sara said...

HI,

I found your blog through "blog hopping." My daughter, Madeline, age 4, has a rare form of dwarfism and we live in the Madison area (and frequent American Family Children's Hospital). From reading your blog, I think you might too. Feel free to check out our blog. My e-mail address is on my profile. :)

Sara

By the way, Olivia is adorable. And I love her name.

Milk Mama said...

Hi! I just found your blog! Oh my goodness your little girl is sooooooo cute!!!!! *gushes*