Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Surgery a succcess!

The neurosurgeon came in to talk to us in just under two hours after they took Olivia down to the OR. He said that normal pressure is 8-12, the upper range is 12-18. Olivia's pressure was between 25-26. They placed the shunt right away. The neurosurgeon said the shunt was already draining and within about 2 hours her pressure should be normalized. Most kids go home the day after having a shunt placed, but he said that when she will go home will depend entirely on her and her other medical problems.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Olivia! Oh, she will probably be feeling so much better after all that extra pressure is gone. You must be relieved. Hopefully she will be able to get home soon!

Laura Wolf said...

I'm happy to hear that everything went well. I know how nerve racking it can be. Hope she goes home soon.

Caden and Mommy said...

Becky!
I am behind in my blogs! I am so sorry to hear little Miss Olivia has been so sick! As scary as the surgery must have been it must bring a little relief to know that the shunt has been placed and Miss Olivia will be back to her smiley self and feeling MUCH better real soon! I am thinking of you guys!
Hugs!
Trisha

Kim said...

Oh that is such good news. I am so happy the surgery was a success. She will probably feel like amillion dollars! I hope she is home by the weekend! Give her kisses and hugs from us!

Destini said...

Great news! So glad that the shunt looks successful, and it should mean great things for Olivia! Hope you are home soon!

Greene Family said...

I'm so happy to hear that Olivia's surgery was successful!! I'm sorry I'm behind in blogs and just reading about how sick she has been again, but hopefully, she is doing so much better now with the shunt! You must feel relieved after being in and out of the PICU so much this year. I hope you guys are able to go home soon and that Olivia is back to her smiley self! Hugs! We are thinking about you guys!

Matt, Cassidy, Parker and New Baby said...

I am so sorry that you guys have to go through all of this. Poor Oliva. I am glad that the surgery went well and we are wishing Olivia the best!