Sunday, April 5, 2009

Home again!

Sorry it's been so long since I updated last. We've just been exhausted! Olivia was discharged yesterday after her feedings had improved and she had pooped a few times on her own, without a suppository. Her oxygen saturations were so good that they even turned her oxygen down to 0.2. She had been at 0.3 since October. They were going to try 0.1, but then we were able to go home. We didn't think it was a good idea to push it too much when we would bring her home without a way to measure her saturations and make sure they remained high enough.

Unbelievably, when we got home, our basement stunk like gas. We called WE energies, who then called the fire department. It was quite a scene. Fortunately, the smell went away and they didn't find any leaks.

Then this morning Olivia woke up around 6:30 with her bed and pajamas soaked in puke! UGH!!! She continued vomiting this morning. She ate this afternoon with out vomiting, so hopefully that will continue and we won't have to take her back in. Since that was the reason that they kept her in so long, it's a bit concerning that it started back up again already! I am just going to keep hoping that it was just a fluke and the vomiting won't return.


Olivia's head after surgery. You can see the horseshoe shaped incision on top and there is one other small one you can kind of see. She still has all the soap they used in the OR on her head too.


Snoozing in bed after surgery. She still has most of the ink and soap they used in the OR all over her.


Snuggling with Mommy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Olivia...she's been through so much! I am praying that she stays happy and healthy and that we get to see more of those beautiful smiles!

Kim said...

My heart just breaks for this little adorable peanut! I truly don't know how you stay so strong. That last picture melts my heart. Her face is just beyond precious! I truly hope she stays super healthy and this is all behind her! Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness. It's just too much. I'm with Kim...that last picture just tugs at my heart. I hope she's back to her spunky self soon. And hopefully mommy and daddy can get a little rest.

Greene Family said...

Goodness - poor Olivia! She is one tough cookie though. I hope that the vomiting was just a fluke after you got home and that she is continuing to recover well. Yay for reducing her oxygen! The photo of her snuggling with you is so precious! I hope this was her last trip to the PICU and that all three of you are catching up on your rest!

The Reynolds Family said...

Our hearts have been with you!

Destini said...

Hope that Olivia is doing better and not vomiting anymore! She is such a cutie, I just love her smiles!