Monday, September 22, 2008

Random Update

Olivia is up to 11lbs. 12 oz, and is about 21 ½ inches long. She get about 18 ½ oz of milk per day. The amount she takes orally varies from nothing at all to almost 50%, and the rest goes through her G-tube. She is a good sleeper at night. She goes to bed around 9 and usually sleeps until about 8. She isn’t much of a napper during the day, but the catnaps are probably ok since she sleeps so long at night.

We saw the endocrinologist last Thursday. That appointment went well. They have started Olivia on another steroid, which is much weaker than the other one she is on. The hope is to slowly transition her to just the weaker one and then gradually wean that one also. For the time being though she is what is considered “Steroid Dependent”. This means that when she is ill she will get extra doses of steroids to help her body fight whatever she has. If she gets something like the stomach flu though, I will have to give her a shot of the steroid. I am a little nervous about that, to say the least, but hopefully I will never have to do that. They recommended that we order a Medicalert bracelet for Olivia, and of course I placed that order right away on Friday. It will hopefully arrive this week sometime. Olivia’s will actually be an anklet for the time being, and I ordered it in her favorite color… purple!

Olivia gets her G-tube changed on Friday. I am dreading that appointment! They won’t put her out for it; they just pull the tube out! OUCH!! I made Joe take the day off for that because I don’t think I can handle that by myself - I might cry for her! Once the take the existing one out, the others will be ones that deflate for insertion and removal – way less painful!

In other news, Olivia has started rolling over. She only does it occasionally, but YAY for her!! One of her new favorite activities is lying naked on the floor, looking at herself in the mirror, while she kicks and jabbers away! TOO CUTE!! Maybe one of these days I can figure out how to put a video of it on here!



Olivia's new favorite toy is her Oball. Every child should have one of these! They are light weight, easy to hold and catch, and best of all, they are dishwasher safe!




Mommy's two favorite animals - Olivia Bear and Pink Kitty!




Mommy's two favorite people - Olivia and Daddy!




Olivia loves to snuggle! I covered her up before she fell asleep and when I came back she had wadded up some of the blanket to cuddle with.

3 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Becky!
I'm so happy to hear that Olivia is doing well! I've often wondered about a Medicalalert bracelet for Caden. I will need to ask our doc about that! Hang in there with the g-tube :0(
Yeah on rolling over - and adorable pictures. I love the one with her snuggly blanket!
Trisha

Unknown said...

Hi Becky, Olivia is absolutely adorable! I would love for you to add my blog to your list, and i will definitely add yours to mine. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family! What a sweet girl you have!

Kim said...

I am so happy to hear that Olivia is rolling over! That is wonderful news! What a cutie that she kicks and jabbers at herself.
I relaly hope the G tube prodcedure is quick! Poor thing.