Friday, August 1, 2008

Surgery went well!

YAY! We’re home! And Olivia is with us!

So here’s the longer version of how things are going. Olivia went into surgery around 8:15 on Thursday morning. By 8:45 the doctor came to meet with us. She was already changed out of her scrubs and Olivia was in the recovery room. The surgery went really well and was very quick, which is good! I was a little nervous that they would have trouble getting the scope down her because of her small passageways. They did put a breathing tube down for surgery; just because the scope takes up so much space it would have impeded her breathing. They were able to remove that tube right after surgery, before we even saw her. After surgery, Olivia was quite agitated! Who can blame her though, right?! Between the NG tube she has had in for so long and then the scope and breathing tube being put down, she was so hoarse when she cried after surgery! She slept most of the day on Thursday, which worried us that her internal clock would get totally out of whack, but she slept all night though too. She was awake for a few minutes her and there in the evening. I did manage one smile out of her during one of those times. Joe and I spent the night at Ronald McDonald House. When we got back to the hospital Olivia was acting hungry. She took some from a bottle, and then just sat in my arms and smiled at Joe and I. She has been awake most of the day, and pretty darn happy for someone who just had surgery!

Olivia hanging out in recovery while we wait for a room to be available upstairs.


For those of you who don’t know, I have decided to take a leave of absence for this school year to stay home and care for Olivia. With all of her medications, oxygen, monitors, G-tube, and high risk for illness, Joe and I decided it would be best for me to stay home with her for the school year. I will greatly miss being at school, teaching, and my co-workers, but I know I will love the time at home with my daughter!

Check out the new photos!

Help me people! My mom is messing with my hair already!




The Littlest Brewers Fan




Olivia is a pretty happy girl!

5 comments:

Caden and Mommy said...

Becky!
I am so happy to hear the surgery went well! That is very cool you are able to take a leave of absence this school year, good for you! Thank you for sharing the cute pictures, love the bow in her hair :o)
Trisha

Tonya said...

I am so glad the surgery went well!! Olivia looks very happy! Breathing will get easier and easier now!! Great pics!!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a little cutie! I'm happy to hear that she is feeling better :)

Kim said...

BEcky,
So happy to hear the surgery was a success. I really hope Olivia can breathe much easier. She is also so cute and happy! Ilove the Brewers outfit. Being a huge sports fan I appreciate girls picking their teams early on!

Lisa said...

wow! What a cutie and it sounds like you guys have dealt with so much. Feel free to add us to your blog roll. We'd be honored. One of these days, we might actually update our blog with new graphics and actually add a blog roll.